It’s not practical to assume we will all feel happy every moment of every day. No matter who you are or how wonderful your life is in general, there are still bound to be moments when you’re down. No one promised life would be easy, but the Lord did promise He would be there! God is always with us, leading us, guiding us, loving us, providing for us -- all with His unlimited resources.
The Lord has expressed to us in so many ways how we should rely on Him to provide nourishment for our souls and minds to keep us uplifted.
In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33 NLT
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 NKJV
We are to be open to Him and to trust Him. We need, by faith, to receive what He has for us. It is essential we realize how much He loves us and that He has a good purpose and plan for each one of us.
HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!
O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! Psalm 139:1-6 NLT
There is nothing that God doesn't know and can't do for us. He walks with each of us every moment of every day. Be open to Him and trust Him. By faith, receive what He has for you.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23 NIV
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 NIV
With this in mind, how about thinking positively, looking for and finding uplifting joy in everyday things we experience and encounter? Check out the list below and take a few moments to think about each one before going on to the next—joy can be found in even the smallest of events. Thank the Lord for all the joy and peace He provides for you daily—from the simplest to the most wonderful!
• Laughing so hard that your face hurts.
• No lines at the supermarket, bank or post office.
• Taking a drive on a scenic, winding country road.
• Hearing your favorite hymn or song on your phone or radio.
• Lying in bed listening to the rain outside water the earth.
• Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
• A good and meaningful conversation.
• Looking out on the snow as you sit near warmth of a fireplace.
• Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
• Experiencing a beautiful sunset with its colorful palette.
• Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
• Long-standing and steadfast friends.
• Overhearing someone say something nice about you.
• Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
• Playing with a new puppy.
• Making and then eating chocolate chip cookies.
• Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 NIV