Imagine that you have won the following PRIZE in a contest:
Each morning your bank deposits $86,400 in your private account for your personal use. However, this prize has specific Rules:
1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning, the bank deposits into your account another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time, it can say, “Game Over!”
6. It can close the account, and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do? Maybe you would buy anything and everything you wanted; not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for; maybe, even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself. No doubt, you would try to spend every penny and use it all, because you know it will be replenished the next morning, right?
ACTUALLY, THIS GAME IS REAL! Each of us is already a winner of this PRIZE. We just don’t realize it or think about it.
THE PRIZE IS “TIME.”
1. Each morning each of us awakens to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. When we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us.
3. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but your account can be dissolved at any time and WITHOUT WARNING...
So, what will YOU do with your daily gift of 86,400 seconds? Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars.
Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much more quickly than you think it will. Take care of yourself; love the Lord with all your heart, be happy, love deeply, and enjoy every second of the life you have been given!
AND, START SPENDING!!
So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
The author of this story is not known.